We advise our clients in all stages of the M & A process. Whether it be the consolidation of companies or assets through various types of financial transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, tender offers, purchase of assets and management acquisitions.
Services we provide:
Advice and assistance with respect to:
- Mergers, acquisitions, and disposals
- Sale and purchase of strategic stakes
- Buy and build strategies
- Public to privates
- Joint venture formations
- Carve outs/Divestments
Who would benefit from this service?
- As a business owner, have you considered all that is necessary when it comes to pre- and post-acquisition or sale (whether it be in the expansion, renewal or exit stage) of your business?
- Would you like to have a professional due diligence team review and advise on potential issues that may affect the business valuations and thereby impacting on the overall purchase/sale prices of a business?
- As the business owner, would you like to achieve a fully priced and clean exit?
- Would you like to be fully aware of any adverse financial, accounting or tax aspects of a sale/purchase agreement that may have a significant impact on the value of a transaction?
When should I consider an M & A Transaction?
We understand that our clients may be considering the sale of their business for a variety of reasons. Our expertise can help you whether you are selling your business due to retirement, selling to focus on other commercial ventures or selling for any other reason.
Benefits of M & A – Transaction Services
- Assessing whether the business or business units are ready for separation and divestment, following an initial diagnostic
- Identifying the major areas where separation activity is required
- Understanding the applicability of existing or past plans for proposed separation
- Working with the vendor to establish and execute a carefully coordinated operational carve-out plan
- Assist with preparing standalone financial information for the carved-out business, including tax and defined benefit pensions information that is robust and fit for a sale purpose
- Keeping control over the timetable at all stages of the project, including vendor due diligence if undertaken
- Advising on best practice during a disposal process (such as restrictions on communications with potential purchasers)
- Providing hands-on support through all stages of the sale process, including bidder meetings, advice on the sale and purchase agreement and completion accounts.
- Uncovering and quantifying industry and deal-specific risks
- Identifying hidden costs, contingencies, and commitments
- Assessing maintainable earnings
- Discovering tax exposures
- Evaluating cash flows
- Assisting in structuring purchase-price mechanisms.
- Project management
- Risk review
- Sale and purchase agreement advice
- Tax vendor assistance
- Vendor modelling.
- We will act as a ‘sounding board’ for you through-out the process